- The property has been the client’s homestead for three generations. Her father and grandfather lived side-by-side and farmed the land for years. Our clients used the smaller storey-and-a-half home as a vacation retreat.
- The expansion and development of the two farm-houses were conducted in two phases.
- The original single car garage was demolished and new separate two-car garage with storage and a loft apartment was constructed in the first phase.
- In the second phase the owners’ development program called for a one-storey addition to link the two original structures and accommodate a new entry, great room and dining room.
- Lastly, the original ground and second-floor spaces were reconfigured to provide a functional and flowing floor plan that accommodates the bedrooms, den/office, and master suite. The aggressive set of requirements was masterfully executed in a manner that maintains the charm and scale of the original homes and their place in the cultural landscape of the Maritimes.
- A nautical colour scheme and a perfect balance of materials is in keeping with the architectural style of the area.
- Date September 4, 2015
- Tags On The Boards