Click on the image above to see the full image and navigate through the slideshow. Watch the video below.
Our design team at Jim Bell Architectural Design Inc. is currently working with the Carleton Place library to re-envision their space. We invite you to view a virtual walkthrough of the design concept presented to the board and community (below). The design objective is to provide a more welcoming, accessible, flexible, friendly, and inclusive building for all who visit the library. The new design provides easy access to the collections, while also providing flexible spaces for programming and staff workspaces. Accessibility and responsible use of energy are both key considerations. We are creating a balance between both functional and inspirational space by:
- applying a visual language that guides users through the environment; creating a social interactive space to meet, adaptable to open to a larger meeting space;
- designing spaces that assist those with all disabilities; designing a creative space that encourages learning and community engagement;
- introducing accents of soft furnishings, wall finishes and joinery that are comfortable and functional for all age groups necessary uses as well as provide sound absorption;
- flexible furnishings that allow multiple types of uses; creating new spaces that encourage technology and learning such as a laptop bar and computer education zone;
- creating a contemporary education zone that encourages creative play and explores the key role that books can play in children’s lives; and
- modernizing the current meeting room and provide appropriate after-hours facilities (such as bathrooms) that can be closed down.
Watch the walk-through video:
- Date August 19, 2020
- Tags Commercial & Builders, On The Boards