The Renfrew County and District Health Unit team moved into their new space on Lake Street in Pembroke in the spring of 2021. Our team collaborated with their team to define their needs, understand their workflow, and optimize how they would function well in the new space.
Click on the photo above to see the full image and navigate through the slideshow.
The health unit was moving from a bright office with lots of windows and their team was concerned there wouldn’t be enough light in the new space. It was our challenge to transform the dark, mostly windowless space into a bright and highly-functional office for a team of very busy public health staff. How did we bring more light into the space?
- new windows along the back
- solid cubicle walls were kept relatively low with a glazed upper section
- plentiful ceiling lighting and windows in interior walls
- light colours for paint and furniture, and
- side lights and transoms for all private offices
The health unit team had a number of special requirements:
- a secure vaccine room with refrigeration
- flexible public classroom space
- a large conference room with break-out/meeting rooms
- secure records room, and
- 2 full dental suites with a lab/clean room
The health unit team is very pleased that the space is bright and flows well for their day-to-day activities.
- Date June 25, 2021
- Tags Commercial & Builders